Boswords Code of Conduct
In order to ensure that Boswords is a safe and welcoming environment, we put forth the following Code of Conduct for all of our attendees. Thank you to the Indie 500 Crossword Tournament for allowing Boswords to adapt its code of conduct for our purposes.
1. Harassment will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to: any kind of physical, verbal, or psychological abuse, threats, intimidation, and bullying; discriminatory remarks of any kind; and unwanted romantic attention or sexual harassment.
2. Please be respectful of the space. Many of the furnishings belong to the school, so please be sure to treat them with care. To ensure that we can hold this event in this space next year, please clean up after yourself, leave everything as you found it, and do not bring drugs or alcohol onto the premises.
3. Be kind! The crossword community is made up of some of the nicest people on Earth. Many of us have a memory from our first crossword tournament of someone who made us feel welcome or at ease. If you’re an old pro, do what you can to make Boswords a welcoming environment for all solvers. If you’re a rookie, welcome! To all competitors, we hope you have a great time, and we hope to see you at many future crossword events!
4. If you see or experience a violation of the code of conduct, please find an organizer of the program (John Lieb, Andrew Kingsley). If you cannot find one of these two organizers, for whatever reason, talk to any official and have them find us.
5. If you violate the code of conduct, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the tournament without a refund.